3.20.2008

Tibet

I know I haven't posted on this blog in a while, but I am really interested in trying to keep all of my various electronic thoughts out there within their own spaces.

I wanted to talk about the situation in Tibet.

I was there last summer and visiting the holy city of Lhasa had a profound impact on me. I believe in the power of preserving Tibet and what it means not just for the Tibetans but for the growth of peace as an idea and practice. The Dalai Lama would be the man, if anyone can, to find some sort of peace within our contemporary times. I know there are some protesters who say that settling for peaceful occupation is not enough, and in a lot of ways I agree, but I hope that the situation will culminate in some sort of peaceful consensus instead of the demolition of a beautiful culture or a bloody combat between highly trained Chinese soldiers and the Tibetan monks.

I was sent this petition today, too, and since I think it's worth signing, here's the link.

No comments: